Tuesday 26 April 2011

Some bad news

This morning I weigh 83kg; I am pleased to have gained some weight at last.

Rose played golf today, and had mixed fortunes - 7 gross pars but 4 double bogeys! I spent the day alone watching some TV on BBC iPlayer and then watching the snooker in the afternoon (I had take-out pizza for lunch). I also did the ironing; it is nice to be able to the odd chore whilst I am home, to give Rose some respite! I did not do much exercise - but everyone knows the rest days are as important as the training days!

A few days ago we noticed a lump in our cat Brandy's armpit, and today we took her to the vet. He said right away that it was a tumor, and probably malignant. It is more bad news for us, especially Rose as Brandy is a loving companion for her when I am away in hospital. After considering the options, we decided to have the tumor removed by surgery; the anaesthesia is a risk, but overall it seems like the best option for prolonged high quality life for Brandy, so wish her luck. Poor Rose ... she is surrounded by cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment