Monday 18 April 2011

My first day at home

I have had a very exciting and pleasant first day at home, it really is the best tonic possible. The more I am an inpatient, the more I hate being in hospital.

In the morning we walked to the nearby shopping centre and looked at some 2g phones to see if we can find one for Rose (not much success). We had a coffee and a cake in the centre and then walked home again. It may sound like not much, but it was a big deal to me. The weather is pleasant and Spring-like, unseasonably warm in fact, and this added to the enjoyment.

We got home to find a phone message from Sue, Rose's childhood friend, that she and husband Graham were in town for 1 day, and could they visit (they live in Switzerland)! She did not leave her number to call back! I called Rose's Mum and Dad to get the number of Betty, Sue's Mum. They did have Betty's number (many thanks to them), but we found an email from Sue with the number to call and got in touch. Sadly, they were in London and too tied up to come out to Hatfield, so we just spoke on the phone. Sue and Graham are some of our oldest friends (I was best man at their wedding, which Rose and I attended in fancy dress).

We spent the afternoon sitting outside enjoying the weather, playin with Brandy, and also watchng videos. During the afternoon Rose's brother Pete rang and we had a nice chat.

We have just had a very nice dinner of home-made leek and mushroom pie, with chips and veg. Such a contrast from the hospital it is insulting to even compare them. I had a couple of glasses of wine with diner too.

Tomorrow promises to be a very hot day, so I am looking forward to a lazy day in the sun ... it's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment