Saturday 30 April 2011

Normal living

I weigh 84kg. My target is 86, which I will most certainly not reach, but I am content with the increase.

Today we went shopping in the car! First stop was the bank, to pay in some cash and to get my signature witnessed for a form from my Dad's estate. Then we went to buy cat food, and then the garden centre where we had coffee and a cake. From there we drove 20 miles to American Golf in Biggleswade to get Rose some summer golf outfits; normally we are in France for the summer and all her summer golf clothes are down there. We came home via the supermarket to get some supplies, and fuel for the car. I got the fuel whilst Rose went for the food, and then I drove home. It was well after one when we got back - a busy morning that really made both of us feel like normal life. It is a shame I have to go back for another round of chemo on Wednesday!

On Thursday I ordered Rose a new phone from Amazon marketplace, and it arrived this morning (I must go give the vendor 5 stars). This afternoon we learnt how it works (it is just a dumb-phone - a Nokia 2720 flip). Rose is quite mobile-phone averse, and this is my attempt to drag her into the 21st century! Time will tell if I was successful.

We are having one of my favourite meals for dinner; whole roasted sea bass Catalonian style (with anchovies, peppers, tomatoes and garlic) and baked potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment