Wednesday 27 April 2011

The most fun I have had since Christmas 2010

I slept well last night. This morning I weigh 82.8kg. A small drop but within the bounds of stability.

This morning rushed by, as we did some paperwork and the French tax return. This afternoon, our old friend Kevin came to visit, and since he is a keen golfer we arranged a round of golf at our club.

Now, I am far to weak to play golf. I can not wield a club properly, never mind walk around the course, but we had an idea - we rented a buggy and Rose and Kevin played whilst I drove round in the buggy. It was absolutely brilliant fun. The weather was sunny and breezy, about 19C. Here are Rose and Kevin before we started:


Here I am driving the buggy. It was my first time!


I got out at each shot and walked across to watch one or other play their shots, so I actually got a fair bit of excercise too - my legs and feet feel quite tired as I write. It was a keenly fought contest, with many good shots; Rose came out on top by 4 and 3.

Kevin also bought us a Banoffee pie! We shall have it for desert tonight (pretty soon!).

Going round the golf course really makes me want to play golf, but the chemo is so debilitating :( Even so, I think I may try swinging a nine iron on the driving range at the weekend).

All in all a fantastic day and really good fun.

1 comment: