Sunday 17 April 2011

A short review of "One Day" by David Nicholls

I finally succumbed to read this after Harry and Sandra visited, and Sandra said she had read it because Alyson had suggested it (a long time ago on this very blog as a matter of fact). If you can't follow my family tree, don't worry.

The book is very much like "When Harry Met Sally", but told by examining the lives of the two protagonists on the same day each year from 1988 to 2005. The characters are a bit stereotypical, and the plotting is a bit corny, but it is presented in a very easy to assimilate package.

I enjoyed it very much, and would not hesitate to recommend it, especially to people my age or a bit less.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ian, Cathy gave me this book for my birthday, and I really enjoyed it as well. Congrats on going home! Sue

    ReplyDelete