Friday 8 April 2011

The Easter Bunny and other stories

The religious season is upon us, and just as the early Christians managed to cleverly weave the Jewish legend of the Easter bunny and the Pagan legend of the sacrificial lamb into their myth, so I find myself weaving these well tried and tested tales into my blog ...

As I wait for news of my blood counts, by sending out a rabbit from my ark to see if there is any news, I begin to doubt the wisdom of using the cuddly bunny for this purpose; despite their prodigious breeding rate, the demand for chocolate coated bunnies is putting an unsustainable pressure on their numbers. Plus, every day my blood counts are flat as a pancake (a bit like the lake in which my mate Nora told me to build the ark).

Anyway ...

Rose came to visit as usual today, and Marilyn joined us for an hour or two at lunch. A pleasant time was had by all.

Today I also went for a heart ultrasound, where they use an ultrasound probe to check for heart abnormalities. I think the results were negative; I will find out tomorrow. I will also discuss the possibility of a course of GCSF, the growth stimulant for stem cells.

... now where did that sacrificial lamb fit in? I think it was T16, bed 39:)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Uhm, I don't think the Easter bunny is Jewish. Never seen it depicted with a kippa. I think Passover Lamb is a Jewish concept and the bunny is pagan. Probably something to do with the rites of Spring and fertility and all that fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete