Friday 8 April 2011

Let's play catch-up

On Sunday afternoon my headaches got worse. These are not like normal headaches, more like someone stabbing you with knife in the side of the head! By evening all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball and die.

Things went from bad to worse on Monday. Rose put Brandy in the cattery in preparation for going to France. I was very uncommunicative and unresponsive.

During the evening of Monday things got worse. Rose tried to phone but I did not want to speak to anyone. I just lay curled up and dying. Just before midnight (and unbeknownst to me, clearly), my nurse called Rose to say they sent me for head CT because they suspected I might have a bleed on the brain!

Needless to say, Rose was quite freaked! She decided not to got to France! Rose called back at 2am and the preliminary report was negative.

The following day, Tuesday, Rose came in early. I was still very uncommunicative. The doctors ordered an MRI scan, and a lumbar puncture. They took me for the scan at about 12pm, and this is when I started to snap out of it. Rose left at 3pm to get Brandy back from the cattery, I had the LP, and after the enforced lie-down I felt a lot better. In the evening I phoned Rose to tell her I was feeling a bit better.

Wednesday dawned, and I was in much better spirits. Rose came in very early again, and Marilyn also visited at lunchtime. It seems like I am now over the worst of things.

The doctors don't really know why it happened, but now I am once again hoping my blood counts will recover so I can go home!

I have subscribed to Sky mobile TV so that I can watch the Masters. It works pretty well, combined with my new rolling 1 month contract for 10gig data!

Many thanks to Marilyn and Yvonne for helping Rose get through this, as well as all the other people who sent messages of support.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear that things have turned around; it was sounding pretty bleak a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete