Friday 29 April 2011

A little light lunch

I weigh 83.4kg, same as yesterday. This was somewhat disappointing as I feel I ate a lot yesterday. When I cam home I weighed 81.2kg, so I have gained, but less than I would like.

There are only 4 more days of home time left. The time has flown by; as I said it is just like the school holidays!

My health is pretty good; the anaemia is the most obvious and debilitating thing I have. I feel I have built up some muscle tone in my legs (but still not much). A couple of days ago the hospital rang with the preliminary results of the bone marrow biopsy they took 10 days ago; they show I am still in a good remission, and the treatment is on track. Although I had not been thinking about it too much, it was nice to hear.

Today Marilyn and Kim came to visit and we had lunch. We had all been to the supermarket; they bought vegetarian tarts and salad, we bought cream cakes and crumpets. It was not planned but it turned out well. We watched a little bit of the royal wedding. Rose and Marilyn watched the Charles and Diana wedding 30 years ago, so it is somewhat of a tradition for them. This time around, Kim seemed to know more about it than the rest of us, especially the timings.

Brandy is convalescing nicely. If she starts worrying her wound, we may need to put a lampshade collar on her, which we are not looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment