Sunday 17 April 2011

Going home

An early post today, because I will be going home! The doctor is letting me go, but first I must have some blood products; platelets and red cells to boost my haemoglobin. It is now 1:40pm, I don't expect the blood to arrive before three, and it will take a couple of hours to administer, so I will not be home before evening. Fortunately, Rose is at home, and I can call her when I know there is only an hour to go.

I am so looking forward to a soak in the bath!

My weight is stable at 82kg. I lost 4kg in the three weeks I have been an inpatient. It is really difficult to maintain your weight after a neutropenic sepsis! I will do my best to gain weight at home. One big problem is that your appetite goes. It is a dieter's dream and an ill person's nightmare. It was hard enough stabilising my weight after my very poorly episode, when I could see it going down on the scales almost every day. You have to force yourself to eat, and with altered taste and hospital food it is not easy!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment