Monday 14 March 2011

A trip to Tate Modern

I had a turbulent night, and did not feel great this morning, an still don't. However, we had planned this day trip and I did not want to cancel, as I felt it was the the last chance I had for a day out.

I finished early in Ambicare, and met Rose at the hotel. We set off before ten, and took then tube to Southwark. We took a slightly meandering route, but we arrived in good order.

There is a lot to see! Arguably too much. One is continually distracted by the next thing. We managed to walk the entire 5th floor, and half the 3rd. On the 3rd floor they have the Picasso that is currently the most expensive painting ... "Nude,green leaves and bust".

Picasso

Although not a favourite of mine, it looks impressive in real life.

I only managed half this floor before flagging, so we left and got some lunch at the nearby Pizza Express; we both had salad niçoise and fudge cake for pudding. Then we headed home. I was exhausted and fell asleep as soon as we got home. I am still pretty tired now, but glad to have finally visited this marvellous gallery.

I cannot name anything specific, but I definitely don't feel as well as a couple of days ago. I think it likely that I will be admitted to the hospital sometime this week.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment