Saturday 12 March 2011

A large lunch and a Lebanese dinner

A peaceful night and another straightforward morning in Ambicare.

At lunchtime, Marilyn and Raksha came for lunch. We went to Ravi Shankar on Drummond Street; all you can eat vegetarian Indian buffet for £6.95! Needless to say we ate too much, but it was very good, especially the dosas. I hope to have a picture to show in the near future.

After lunch, the ladies left and I crashed out in my room accompanied by the rugby. Sadly, I fell asleep and missed the second half of Italy/France. The Italians certainly put on a spirited show, but I feel the French rugby team and the English cricket team have this in common: on their day, they can contrive to lose to anyone!

Wales/Ireland was a far more entertaining game. In the end, I think the Welsh deserved to win, even though the bogus line-out (and the subsequent try) was a disgrace. The touch judge should be cited!

Whilst the rugby was on, Rose arrived for the evening. She had been playing golf in the vice-captain's cup, and scored level par. Sadly, this was only good enough for 6th place, but still a great round, so well done to Rose.

For dinner, we tried something different, and went to a Lebanese restaurant just off Googe Street. It was really good and fresh; a welcome change fro more "prepared" cuisine. It did not sell alcohol, but maybe that was not such a bad thing.

Tomorrow I will be in Ambicare a long time, as they will give me two units of blood. I should be back in time to see England.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. In the touch judge's defence, Kaplan was a bit intimidating when the tj tried to explain what had happened. But it was still a major error.

    ReplyDelete