Friday 25 March 2011

Business as usual in Ambicare

Rose and I slept well, and breakfasted similarly. She left to beat the meter maids, and I went across to Ambicare.

My treatment was over quite rapidly, but I had to wait quite a long time for the doctors. I am getting jittery about being neutropenic, and I can imagine pains in my bad leg. I keep taking my temperature and so far it has not gone above 37. Like so many things, the mental side of this is becoming as trying as the physical side.

I have been in the hotel over three weeks now, and I am starting to long for home. But it seems that after my treatment finishes on Monday, I will have to stay here for about another ten days whilst my blood counts recover. It may be less, it depends on how well I do, and how bad an infection I get (if any). It is better than being in hospital, but I really wish this cycle was over.

Prof Kwaja, my consultant, was passing and said hello, so I quizzed him about next steps, and it seems there is some extra chemo cycle that I must do after this one and before the transplant. He was vague, but it means my treatment will extend longer than I had been thinking. When I know more I will share it with you.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment