Friday 18 March 2011

Laid-back Friday

I slept well last night, Rose less well I think. We went down early for breakfast and Rose left afterwards. I ambled over to Ambicare at nine.

My general health is pretty good, but my neutrophils have dropped to 0.81, 0.5 is neutropenic, so the time for admission to the hospital is approaching. I need to monitor my temperature closely, and avoid contact with germs as much as possible. Once again, if you planned to visit and you have a cold, please stay away.

There was some possibility that they might do the intrathecal today that failed on Wednesday, so in addition to the chemo I had a bag of platelets. However, when the doctors arrived later in the morning they decided to wait until the results of the coagulation tests they ordered yesterday. So I got away at lunchtime, and went to the Italian across the road for a bowl of pasta.

Back at the hotel, they had not done my room, so I waited down in the bar whilst they cleaned it, and met and chatted with a fellow Ambicare patient who has a rare lymphoma, that took months to diagnose after many wrong diagnoses.

Back in my room, I managed to sleep,through the Cheltenham Gold Cup!! It was a great race - I saw the replay of the finish. It was marvellous to see Denman and Kauto right there at the end!

The restaurant in the hotel is part of the taste card scheme and offers a 50% reduction, so I asked if this applies to a single person and it does, so ate dinner in the restaurant; with half price food it is quite reasonable! Last night I sipped some of Rose's wine, and it tasted fine, so I accompanied my dinner with a glass of Chardonnay, and enjoyed it. Next time Rose and I eat we will share a bottle I fancy :) - I might try a few other 50% deal restaurants as a singleton.

So now I am watching Red Nose Day on the BBC.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment