Monday 7 March 2011

Dinner with Rose

Slept well last night, and ingeniously managed a plate of fresh fruit as part of breakfast by having it before the eggs!

My attempts at self-injection are improving; this morning was the best yet. I got to Ambicare at about 9:30, and although I have no chemo treatment today, I still need to give blood, and see the doctor. Plus, an ultrasound is supposed to be booked, and I wanted confirmation of the time so I could plan my day with Rose who was scheduled to visit today for an overnight stay.

Rose arrived at about 10:30, and shortly afterwards the doctor came to see us. He decided that we should get a head CT scan before the next intrathecal (LP), to rule out bleeding as a cause of the headaches, and said they would let me know when it was. Since the next intrathecal is booked for Wednesday, the CT needs to be today or tomorrow.

Rose and I set off to look for somewhere to eat lunch. We walked down Tottenham Court Road, and when we got to Goodge Street they rang to say that the CT scan could be done in the next half hour. So we turned round and headed back to Ambicare! Rose got me some Sushi for lunch. They had to put a cannula in my arm for the CT people (who cannot use the PICC line for some reason). This proved a little tricky, but third time it was inserted, and off we went to "Imaging" for the CT scan. When it was done, they removed the cannula, and we went to the canteen for my second lunch (panini and chips; what? A guy in my condition has to eat!).

So, the CT scan was arranged and done on the day, but sadly the Ultrasound for the leg never materialised. I suspect it is a case of "who you know" (each was arranged by different doctors). But maybe the CT people are just more accommodating.

After all this excitement, we returned to the hotel for a well earned kip, and then planned our dinner. Originally, we had thought of pizza, but Roses's head was turned by an Indian restaurant she spotted on a recce from the hotel whilst I slept. It is called Zeen, and we booked a table for 6:30.

The food was delicious. We had popadoms, spicy king prawns and spicy paneer for starters, followed by Malabar fish (sea bass in coconut sauce) and Bombay aloo for main, with rice and naan, washed down with Cobra beer. I can recommend this restaurant. Needless to say part of the taste card scheme, so very reasonable for the two of us.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Dude (I have to say that alot here in the states to a) be down with the kids and b) because I just want to fit in!) - Nice to read about so much food. Love the Panini/Chips combo and the Indian sounds FAB.

    We just got back from Vegas baby - celebrating Christine's big 'Five 0'. Saw most of the theme hotels and did the New York New York roller coaster that scared the wotsits out of me - so I did it again. Saw a great Cirque de Soleil show (Ka) at the MGM and had a wonderful meal at Bartolotta at the Wynn.

    Anyway, back at Snowbird now and Christine started her womens ski camp (no tents involved, or ging gang goolies for that matter) yesterday where its all women for 3 days, taught by women. A great snowbird day for all and I had the first of 2 days off as well. This current storm system has dumped another 3 feet of completely gnar (another 'street' word) powder on the 450" we've had so far.

    I am getting used - not that well - to my new bindings. I keep bloody falling out of the things and may have to get them moved near the nose of the ski.

    Off to sit in a bus for 2 hours now as they do the avalanche work to make the canyon safe befroe we can get up there.

    Hope you get that scan in the can soon.

    ReplyDelete