Thursday 17 March 2011

Back in the hotel

A night in a hospital room reminds me how much better it is as an outpatient. It was such a tiring day yesterday I actually slept quite well. The room was above my original room on T13, so the Internet access was poor. When I am readmitted for longer this cycle, I hope to be in a better room.

I did not get away from the hospital until 10:20, and ran hotfoot to the hotel restaurant. Breakfast officially ends at 10, but they were really nice to me (they know me pretty well now), and I got a good breakfast :)

Today I feel better than yesterday. I got to Amibicare just before 11, and it was really busy. I had two units of blood, my chemo, and a clean PICC dressing, and got away at about 5. I spent some time reviewing my music collection to pick my 8 favourites. It is really hard!

Rose came to visit at 6:30 and we went out to Prezzo for pizza and pudding. They have changed their menu since last time, and more crucially changed
their taste card scheme from 50% to two-for-one, so next time we want Italian we will try somewhere else.

So now we're back in the hotel watching American Idol. We are behind the US so please don't post the result! It's a strong year but I miss Simon Cowell! Yes, I am a fan of the show, and proud of it!

I have downloaded a backgammon game that is pretty good, but you can't get over the feeling that it cheats, even though the author goes to great lengths to assure you it doesn't! So now I have three games; bridge, backgammon and chequers.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I play the JellyFish backgammon game, which I find gives me a hard time. Like you, I was convinced for a long time that it would often roll a crucial double but I guess one just remembers the bad beats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you sounding a bit more upbeat Mr Nosey

    ReplyDelete