Thursday 10 March 2011

Pizza and Curry

I slept averagely last night; Rose and I were awake just after 4, and had a cup of tea! After this we dozed until it was time for breakfast. Rose left just after breakfast, and I went across to Ambicare early at just after 9.

I managed to give blood, before going over to the main hospital for my ultrasound. They kept me waiting an hour an a half, but eventually it happened, and the results were very positive; no abscess, just healing tissue. My leg does feel less tender, almost normal; just the swelling to go now, which the doctor says may take weeks.

Pete came for lunch, besuited and wearing a tie (a great improvement over last time). We went to Pizza Express at Great Portland Street. We got our pizzas OK (I had Fiorentina, Pete had American), but the room filled up, and they could not cope. A couple of gents next to us who had been given menus just left. We were waiting for desert, but instead just got the bill, paid and left. We went to the cafe next door to the hotel for our desert of cakes and coffee.

After lunch, Pete departed and I went back to Ambicare for my chemotherapy treatment. Eventually I got bak to my room at about 4:30, had a quick kip, spoke to Rose and got ready for the evening ...

In the evening Patrick came to visit, and we went for a curry, again to Drummond Street, but instead of Zeen we tried Masala Hut. The food was much less interesting than Zeen, more like a standard curry house, quite average sadly. We had king prawns in some sauce (for me, the best dish), veg bhuna, aloo gobi and matta paneer, with rice and naan, washed down with cobra beer. They have a 50% discount for taste card, but they made a mistake with the bill which we had to point out! Thanks to Patrick for buying me dinner:).

I decided to try walking there without my stick. Unfortunately, I set off in the wrong direction, and when we were doubling back I lost my footing and fell over; not badly, but I had to rest after the effort of getting up and dusting myself down! The rest of the journey both to and from the restaurant was made without incident, but I think I will keep the stick with me for a while longer (the stick would definitely have prevented my fall). As I am fond of saying, the stick is a crutch :):).

I think my taste is starting to get worse, so these halcyon eating days may be coming to an end. I have gained about 5 kilos since coming to the hotel, which is a fine effort I am sure you agree.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment