Thursday 24 March 2011

Dinner and a stroll in the West End

I slept really well last night, but even so I was tired when I got up, which was due to the fact that I had very low haemoglobin levels. It turned out to be 7.1, which is the lowest I can remember. My neutrophils are now 0.03 too, so the chemo is doing its stuff. Today, in addition to the chemo, I got two units of red cells in Ambicare, which has pepped me up no end! Half of the effect is psychological I am sure.

At about one, Yvonne arrived for a visit, sporting her new hairdo (as ever). We had a nice chat about her family situation, and my health. She had to leave too soon, but it was really nice to see her.

When my blood and chemo were done, I went back to the hotel for a kip, and then Rose arrived at 6:30 for dinner.

We decided to go back to Fish Works in Swallow Street, but we walked half the way there before getting a taxi (I wanted to avoid the tube because it would be too crowded). It is a bit chilly but still quite pleasant weather for walking. We arrived bang on time at 7:15 and had a great meal, this time avoiding the desert. We then walked back up Regent Street to Oxford Circus before hopping in a cab to get home. Regent Street is looking very spruce; it made me proud of our glorious capital city!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Great to read that chemo round 2 is going so much more smoothly than round 1. Loved your song choices you youngster of the 70s. They also reminded me of the time we all danced in your living room after a bottle or two of wine, then did the same in our living room a few years later. Now I think at our house we danced to Madness or Queen, but what were we listening to at your house.....

    ReplyDelete