Tuesday 15 March 2011

A day recovering

Yesterday really took it out of me, and I resolved to spend today recovering, doing as little as possible. I have achieved this pretty successfully, which does not make for a great blog, but on the other hand means I am not so tired. I decided to have no visitors to enable further relaxing, although Harry kindly offered.

My nose was bleeding slightly when the doctors visited, and they asked if it was always from the same place, which it is. In which case they think ENT can zap the troublesome capillary, and solve the problem. Someone from ENT will visit me tomorrow to assess. I got a late call from Ambicare (about 6pm) telling me that my blood results showed a vitamin K deficiency, and I should go to T16 to get some drug, and it must be tonight. So, after dinner (Chinese takeaway), I duly did as I was bid.

Here are the pictures from yesterday. Me in front of Tate Modern with St Paul's as a backdrop (ignore the van man :)



And here I am on the millennium bridge, famous for it's design flaw that needed fixing after it was built (how many software products are similarly flawed?).



Tomorrow is a big day of treatment for me, as I have a chemo drip, and an intrathecal, which will mean I need platelets beforehand to make sure the puncture wound heals!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment