Sunday 6 March 2011

Sunday lunch

I had a pretty good night's sleep, with Rose beside me, but I'm afraid she fared rather worse. We went for breakfast at 8am, and Rose was also very approving. We went across to the Ambicare centre, and Rose left when I was hooked up to my chemotherapy.

Although I can walk much more easily than even a week ago, I am still concerned about my leg, and the swelling it still has. My doctor has booked me an ultrasound for tomorrow, and we will probably get an orthopaedic consult afterwards. My headaches continue, and the doctor will discuss with the rest of the team if a head scan is necessary, to check for a small bleed. It is not uncommon to get headaches after an intrathecal, and that is still the most likely cause. We shall see ...

When my treatment ended, I headed back to the hotel to wait for Les, who duly arrived late morning. We chatted and could not decide where tom go for lunch, so we went to Ask, because at least it is close by, they are part of the taste card scheme. We had ciabatta and olives as appetisers, Les has Mediterranean stew and I had seafood risotto, and we finished off with cheesecake and profiteroles, washed down with Peroni beer.

After lunch we got a Starbucks and then headed back to the hotel for more chat. At about 3pm I needed a lie down, and Les left me to it.

Sunday night is a bit problematic for eating, because many places are shut. But I managed.

I have som pictures from yesterday. Here is my fish lunch:




Here is a picture of me in the iconic London location of Piccadilly Circus:




And here, for completeness is Eros:




Finally, here I am in my hotel room. I am holding the Araucaria we got yesterday (Rose and I made a pretty good job of it, and Rose mostly finished it in the night).



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment