Wednesday 23 March 2011

Intrathecal

Rose and I slept pretty well, and she left after breakfast to the glorious spring day that was unfolding. Lucky Rose was playing golf (friendly, played rather well), whilst I was hoping to have my much delayed intrathecal, scheduled for 2pm.

My blood counts were all low, of most concern the platelets, which are supposed to be over 50 (normal is 150 or more). I had two bags of platelets, which took all morning, but my platelet count was still too low, so we ordered another bag. The happy confluence of platelets and a doctor to perform the procedure was looking increasingly unlikely. However, at about 5pm both arrived, and after 8 hours in Ambicare we finally did the deed. My doctor was unable to do the procedure, instead a Dutch doctor stepped in, and very good she was too; it all went very smoothly. It takes about 10 minutes to perform!

In the enforced lie-down afterwards I listened to Dark Side Of The Moon. I wobble in my choice but I will stick with Wish You Were Here.

I finally left Ambicare at 6:30 - a long day. It is amazing how tiring it is sitting around all day doing nothing!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment