Wednesday 19 January 2011

Some bad news

Today I received some bad news. The cross match results for my eldest brother Les came in, and he is not a match for me. This leaves me one more 25% chance with Harry, which we should know later this week. A bit of blow, but it always was a numbers game ... after that it's the public register.

Rose came to visit at her usual time, but I was feeling pretty sick, and coupled with the bad news the mood was bit sombre. At lunchtime, our old friend Kevin stopped by for a chat in his lunch break (a bit of a trek from his office), which was much appreciated.

Once again, I could not stomach lunch, but had an enshake instead. Although it sounds trivial, feeling nausea all the time washes all the colour out of life! Later on I was given some IV anti-sickness, and this helped enormously, lifting my mood and enabling me to eat dinner. I hope they will add this to my standard regime, as often as possible. I have been hooked up to the IV pump most of the day, with various things, including another unit of blood to raise my haemoglobin level. Currently I am getting yet more fluid to keep the kidney function under control.

In the evening, Marilyn popped in, and her visit coincided with my lightening mood. She brought me a couple of DVDs (comedy shows) and an interesting article in a magazine about ALL, and even a quote from Martin Luthor King; what riches! Patrick also rang for a chat, all of which made the evening pass rather pleasantly. Last night I watched North by Northwest on the DVD; a cracking film with a fast pace, but my attention span is so low I did have trouble sticking with it.

I have also been told that I must move rooms tomorrow. The room I am in is actually designed for transplant cases, and they have a new one coming tomorrow. I do not know exactly where I will be, but it will be on the 16th floor of this same building. I will update you with the new location tomorrow after I am settled in.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian, this is Cat (Or Cathy, Sue and Pete's daughter as I am sometimes known)

    I hope you manage to settle into your new room and have found some app's to keep you entertained (personally I find doodlejump, bejeweled and trivial pursuit to be a bit of lighthearted fun, although whether they are avaliable for the ipad I'm unsure of!)

    I was trying to think of any books that I would recommend, unfortunately my knowledge of sci-fi is limited - although I have just finished, and rather enjoyed 'Do androids dream of electric sheep' - but for a little light dip-in-and-out-of reading, Alan Coren's Chocolate and Cuckoo Clocks is a nice little humorous collection.

    Kind regards and wishes to yourself and Rose nonetheless,

    Cat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ian
    hope the sickness passes soon, in the meantime l
    Cant help with books really,.... reading not being my strongest point!!!!.... but films l can do,........although l am reading Allan Sugars, biography at the moment (what a bully?),.....north by north west, in my top 100,..... great performance from Gary Cooper,....and a classic Hitchcock masterpiece.
    best film of the year so far "Inception", clever storyline, and fast moving, starring Dicaprio,.....well worth a watch!

    Peter

    ReplyDelete