Monday 31 January 2011

The lost weekend: A preview

After Hilla's comment I would have liked to have written this post in some obscure tense, but alas my grammar is not up to it. 

I think that the worst of the infection is over, but we have to make some corrections to blood gasses that were knocked during the infection. I am still short of breath, and my pulse is in the 90's, but my BP and temperature are stable.

I have not had much sleep these last two days, so once again I find myself unable to blog the blog. I will add details as I become stronger. In the meantime, here are some highlights, and lowlights of the weekend:

- I have been catheterised. Wikipedia has the details. It was not pleasant, but life would be impossible without it.
- In the small hours of Sunday, I told every doctor who spoke to me (5 I think) the story of "my infected left leg in 1992/1993". At first they brushed it aside, but finally that they did an out hours CT scan at 4am. UCH have consultant radiologists on call throughout the night - based in Australia! 
- During the infection, my BP crashed to 60/30, and the worst rigor ever! (look at the medical definition). I am lucky my normal is quite low at 110/60.
- Rose baked a Tarte Alsatienne that was delicious.
- I have used a commode chair; not very dignifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment