Thursday 13 January 2011

A slow day

Today has been a slow day. My neutrophils are low, and both Nige and Patrick cancelled their planned visits due to sore throats and sniffels. A bit sad, but I think it is for the best. Nige is a charming professional golfer, and was at one time "Hertfordshire's leading left handed professional", at least that's what it said on a writing block he once gave us:) (sorry Nige, but that slogan will never die). They both called for a chat on the phone though, which was some compensation.

I spent most of the day reading "Pandora's Star", it has taken a while to get into it but I am finally enjoying it (it is a hard-core Sci-Fi epic and I will write a review when done).

I moved on from the ridiculously hard Times crossword to the next one in the book, and crashed and burned again! One clue only is filled in. I have high hopes that Rose will rescue me tomorrow. I used to be good at crosswords ...

In the evening Marilyn stopped by again, which was very much appreciated. She did not stay long, but left me a copy of the Standard, so now I have an easy crossword to give me back some self-respect!

On the treatment front, my liver function returned to normal today, so I was given a Glivec (Imatinib) tablet, which is effective for PH+ ALL (as I think I have blogged before). I feel a bit more tired and sick than earlier in the week, but I guess this is to be expected. They gave me an extra anti-sickness tab,and that perked me up a bit.

I find my mind wandering to philosophical questions; I think that one must have a reason for living over and above just ... living. Certainly I do! Since my short term goal is really just that, it makes life a little colourless. Gosh, how maudlin! When I get through this Rose and I will revisit South Africa, and once again sample the delights of Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and the surrounding areas - reason enough for me eh!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:London

4 comments:

  1. Better get "Judas Unchained" ordered then, eh?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should revisit San Francisco too. Last Saturday we had dinner at the crab restaurant we took you to and hope to take you there again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IH Ian
    Never being involved with Blogs, or using our computers for social networking,... this process is proving bloody frustrating, but will keep trying,(can only get better)Tony and Mary send their love.... we are getting them an iPad so they can follow, any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pete & Sue
    My advice is to get Tony and Mary an Apple desktop, rather than an iPad (maybe you were joking?). The iPad needs a certain amount of dexterity that only we youngsters can manage!!!! Apple is better than a PC because it will just work! As I type this, I am thinking "this will be an uphill struggle for you", but I admire that you even thought to try :):)

    ReplyDelete