Monday 17 January 2011

Kidney problems

I have been feeling a bit under the weather today, and it is caused by my not getting enough fluid intake, causing poisons to build up in my kidneys. It makes me even more tired, and nauseous. Food has been hard to eat, but they do have nutritional milk shakes which I managed to keep down.

To fix the kidney problem, they are giving me fluids IV in 6 hour batches. The first bag is nearly finished, and the second one will infuse whilst I hopefully sleep. I have noticed an improvement already, and was even able to eat some dinner of cornichons and croquet potatoes (a strange repast, but one must take what one can stomach).

The day actually started quite brightly, I slept well with the aid of a tablet, and showered and dressed early. Chris came by to visit at 08:30, and we had a great chat. He left before Rose arrived, but her arrival coincided with my going downhill. Still, it was delightful to have her here as always; we even managed a couple of tough crossword clues. (I should point out that yesterday I managed to finish the codeword and the crossword from the Radio Times, which are both quite difficult and did give me a feeling of satisfaction)

After an interlude with a short Graham Green, I have returned to the second instalment of the SciFi epic; I guess I am hooked!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment