Monday 16 May 2011

A trip to Shropshire

Today we drove up to Shropshire to see Rose's parents, and have lunch with them, and her brother Peter and his wife Sue.

The roads were quite busy; it took two and three quarter hours each way. Normally, I do the driving, but today Rose drove both ways. My meagre contribution was to drive to the pub once we were there. We went to the Combermere in Burleydam and Rose and I had fish and chips (as we always do). It is really good there, and did not disappoint this time. We had a very pleasant lunch indeed.

Rose's Dad has become a "silver surfer"; he follows this blog, uses Google earth, and likes to play solitaire. I applaud this embrace of technology well into his eighties!

With the addition of cyclizine, my nausea is not as bad now. It is a shame that I have lost about a kilo in weight since I came home.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I went to boarding school in Shropshire. Near Bucknell. Used to take the bus to Ludlow on weekends. Its beautiful in autumn much better than any New England fall color, if you ask me. I used to take the train from London up to Shrewsbury, changed for Bucknell. It was a 6 hour journey and I always enjoyed my time spent on the train to read and reflex. No internet then!

    ReplyDelete