Tuesday 3 May 2011

Last day at home

This is my last day at home beore I go back to London for more chemo. I will be treated in Ambicare, so I will be staying in the hotel once more, but it is still nothing to look forward to.

Whilst at home I have had a great time; seen plenty of friends, got stronger and heavier (now 84.4kg), had great food, and best of all spent some quality time with Rose. I suppose it is a glimpse of what life will be like after the transplant (whenever that will be), and  I am hopefully cured. Until then, at the back of mind is always the fact that I have cancer.

Today I did some household chores (ironing, cleaned bathroom) which made things even more normal as I used to do these chores before I became ill. I called the AA man and he fixed Rose's car rather trivially. It was suffering from "bore wash" (google it) - the man diagnosed it, explained his cure and then cured it. Very impressive consulting!

This afternoon Ray came to visit. Ray lives in Bermuda, and is over in the UK for a few weeks. He brought me a whole load of quiz and puzzle books - thanks Ray. We went to the local Chinese for dinner, it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment