Saturday 21 May 2011

Lunch with Christine and Simon

Last night passed OK. I have to set an alarm for 2am to take some drugs, but with the weeing it does not make that much difference!

Today, Rose stayed with me in Ambicare in the morning in order to meet with with Christine and Simon, our globetrotting friends. They are soon off to Indonesia, but I can't say I would envy them even if healthy! Rose had a coffee with them in Pret's, and then left to go home, and the three of us had lunch in Ask:Italian. It was best described by Simon as "adequate".

This afternoon I had a nice nap, watched a little bit of the golf, and then the Heineken Cup (rugby) final. Saints started really well, and took a commanding first half lead, but they ran themselves out and looked like schoolboys in the second half. Leinster trounced them!

Health wise, I have developed some gut problems, caused by the methotrexate, and have developed a small haemorrhoid, also caused by the drugs. Both these make for uncomfortable sessions in the bathroom. The nausea seems to have abated somewhat, but I won't really be able to tell for sure until this hydration phase finishes and I am back home, which will hopefully be on Monday.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment