Sunday 22 May 2011

The backpack is gone

I have just been over to the hospital and been disconnected from the backpack. I had a slight scare this morning, because the creatinine level in my kidneys was too high. They thought I would have to spend another night with hydration (ie connected to the backpack) to clear it, even if the methotrexate had cleared. Fortunately, I got good results in both areas, so I can spend an unencumbered night.

Tomorrow, I will checkout and then go across for a dental checkup. It is the first of the "pre-transplant" tests. After that, I will be off home. There is an outside chance that I might get a chest CT scan as well, otherwise I will have to come back for it. It is to confirm that I do not have a fungal infection on the lungs.

The transplant is on June 23rd, and the pre-chemo starts on the 15th. This means that aside from a few trips to London for tests I will get three weeks at home.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment