Monday 13 June 2011

Tempus fugit

It is Monday. On Wednesday I go back to hospital to begin the last leg of treatment. The time has flown by, largely with me doing nothing! I have read some, watched TV, and generally relaxed before the upcoming travails. It is a strange kind of work though; I am just passively receiving whatever ... treatment, illness, and so on. Still, it is the hardest work I have ever done, but maybe that says more about my life prior to leukaemia!

I am feeling reasonably well. Rather disconcertingly I hear my blood pulsing in my ears most of the time, even when my pulse is calm. I am not sure why this is. I managed to tip the scales at 84.6kg which is 186lb or 13st 4lb; some progress at last. The nausea has more or less departed, and my appetite is good.

It was nice to see Murray win Queens. Tsonga played really well, but somehow Murray was too much. Anything less than the semis at Wimbledon will surely be a disappointment now. I wonder how much of Wimbledon I will get to see ...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment