Tuesday 21 June 2011

Mephalan

Today I had my dose of methalan. The primary side effect is a sore mouth, so they give you an orange ice lolly to suck whilst then infusion is running; I had two! It is a long time since I last had an ice lolly. We used to make orange squash ice cubes as kids (I'm sure everyone does). Now I have some soreness on the inside of my upper lip, and it is not too bad. Mephalan also causes nausea, but so far so good ( the anti-sickness drugs are working).

Last night did not go as planned. I was to get a taxi to Hyde Park Corner, but it started raining in the afternoon, and at 6pm in rainy London you cannot get a cab for love nor money. So, instead Patrick and Dee came to me and we ate in Fitzrovia in an Italian fish restaurant. The meal was quite good, and even better Patrick paid! We had a great time, it was especially nice to see Dee, who I have not seen for some time.

Rose has come to stay the night, and see me through tomorrow; I have the campath treatment, and then I am admitted to hospital. So tonight really is the last night before the serious treatment begins.

Thank you to everyone who has wished me well, I really appreciate it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the treatment Ian. Always good to read the stories of other Leukemia club members :-). Best wishes.Andy

    www.scirocco2morocco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete