Wednesday 22 June 2011

The longest day

T minus 1

I know it was actually the longest day yesterday, but it will be a long day for me today! Last night we had pizza and I enjoyed it.

We checked out of the hotel and came early to Ambicare. I got pre-meds for the campath. First, IV steroid methylpredmisolone, then oral paracetamol, and then IV Piriton.

I have now been connected to the campath for 4 hours, with only a sore throat as a reaction, so things are going quite well. They started the cyclosprorin a while back, so both of these are going in at the same time.

Rose and I are watching the tennis and doing crosswords and puzzles at the same time.

At about 3:30 I started rasping when breathing, so they gave me a nebulizer of salbutamol and it eased my throat. So far it is the only reaction I have had.

The treatments all finished by 6:15, and Rose left at 6:30, but I had to wait over an hour For a porter to take me over.

I am in T16/40, I.e. 16th floor, room 40. It is very small.

All in all, I should be thankful that I reacted so little to the campath. The room has a little portable TV with no remote, but it saves me buying the pay TV.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment