Wednesday 29 June 2011

T+6: I need to sleep!

The diarrhoea and the number of IV drugs are still disrupting my sleep patterns, but I hope to get some good chunks tonight be because ...

The loperamide is quite effective against diarrhoea. I can last 4 or 5 hours using it. I am still taking the Buscopan to stop the cramps, so it looks like these drugs will enable me to make it through the next week or so until the cells engraft.

The oedema worsens. I have about 6kg of retained water in me. It has badly affected then palms of my hands and the soles of me feet, which are also affected directly by the cyclosporine (the immuno-suppressant). My hands and feet feel like they are being permanently scalded in hot water! They are going to give me a special kind of neuro pain killer that only affects nerves, but it takes 3 days to build up. In the meantime, I cool them down with wet paper towels!

Rose came to visit, and my improved wellbeing enabled us to attempt a crossword, but without much success I'm sorry to say.

This period of my treatment is like crossing a wide river in a raft ... at night. Then there is the climb at the other side!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment