Monday 6 June 2011

Dental checkup

Today we went back to UCH for a dental checkup after the extraction two weeks ago. The two weeks ave flown by it seems, I guess because they have been quite eventful, as recorded in this blog.

Before seeing the dentist, I had to go to the bone marrow transplant (BMT) clinic to give some more blood samples that they did not take last time. But the nurses there could not find a vein! The veins in my arms have all but shut down, and after 4 attempts they gave up; I had to get an experienced phlebotomist to take the blood (which she did rather easily).

The dental checkup was fine. The soluble suture has not yet dissolved, but  it hurt too much when she tried to remove it manually, so it can dissolve at its own pace!

On the way home we stopped off to pick up Rose's new reading glasses, and finally got home just before 2pm.

My nausea is still pretty bad, stealing my appetite and washing the colour out of life. I am now drinking 2 or 3 of the high calorie drinks to try and keep my weight. I only have one more day on the antibiotics, which might be exacerbating the nausea, so I am hopeful for some improvement in the nausea on Wednesday. We shall see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment