Sunday 26 June 2011

T+3: It continues

Yesterday evening I did feel a little better, but then vomited my dinner. I passes a fitful night with the diarrhoea and cramps, but amazingly managed to get some sleep.

This morning things are, if anything, worse. This is definitely the worse diarrhoea I ever had, including the previous episodes documented in this blog. The cramps are a constant companion. The drug Buscopan does help with the cramps, but it does not last 6 hours.

I am retaining fluid, and not passing enough through my kidneys, so they have put me on a permanent fluid drip. Of course, it probably means I will retain more fluid, bit at least it gives me a chance of exercising my kidneys.

I just tried to take some codeine orally and promptly vomited, so I am also getting some IV cyclizine which is an anti-sickness drug. They are also going to switch more of my oral medication to IV. Things are a bit out of kilter right now!

Rose came to visit, but I am not much company. Apart from Rose, I do not think I would like to have any visitors for a few days - best wait until I am a bit better.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment