Monday 27 June 2011

T+4: Getting the drugs right

I had a terrible night. The diarrhoea continued unabated, and the attendant stomach cramps were bad. Furthermore, my temperature has spiked - I have an infection. They took blood cultures right away, and started me on Meropenem. They also booked a chest Xray just to check it is all clear.

Today my temperature continues to be above 38, and I have had a few rigor attacks (shivering). They are giving me almost all my meds IV, and one of the lumens in my PICChas blocked. Fortunately they have a chemical to unblock it, and it worked.

The rigor attacks are bad, because they exacerbate the diarrhoea! Talking of which, it has changed a bit, I hope for the better. The frequency may have dropped to 2 hours. I am cautiously optimistic.

However, having said all this, when the drugs are working I can get comfortable for a few hours. The chest Xray was clear.

Rose came again to visit, but all I did was sleep really. It is still a comfort to haver in the room with me for a few hours.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment