Saturday 18 June 2011

Boring is good

T minus 5

Rose and I dined well last night, and slept pretty well also (I watched the golf until quite late).

This morning Rose came with me to Ambicare for a couple of hours, which was really nice. We saw the weekend doctor, who I have met previously (and who did an intrathecal on me rather well as I recall), and she was very upbeat about the transplant process. "Oh, it's not too bad. You shouldn't get an infection really" she said. This is in stark contrast to the previous advice we were given, and I don't really believe it, but it was nice to hear. It is of course a dream of mine to get through the three weeks or so post transplant without an infection!

I feel well, and have a reasonable appetite; I think I might be able to gain some more weight in this "easy" period before the transplant. The rest of the day has been a bit slow and boring, but better that than stress and excitement!

To those of you who fancy attempting the "Cambridge Cryptogram", please email your answer directly to me. I will tell you if you got it right. First one to solve it will of course get suitable recognition in these pages (but no other prize).




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment