Saturday 25 June 2011

T+2: Feeling terrible

The effects of the transplant and the cyclosporine are hammering home. I have very bad diarrhoea, with bad abdominal cramps, and I have a more ore less permanent headache. On top of this my body is retaining fluid.

On the plus side, my mouth is still in reasonable shape, although they tell me it will get worse. I am starting to get a bit nauseous too, but managed most of my breakfast. Lunch was less successful.

They gave me Buscopan to help with the stomach cramps, and codeine for the headaches, and in the afternoon I felt a little better, and got some sleep.

The doctor did not seem too concerned with my symptoms, and said I was doing OK for this stage of the treatment.

One day at at a time eh!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment