Wednesday 15 June 2011

The final countdown

T minus 8

I am writing this post in my hotel room; I have checked back into Ambicare for hopefully the last time.

I have had another PICC line inserted. It was slightly more troublesome than the last few times, but it is all OK after the chest Xray confirmation. The only other thing we did was meet my new registrar. The transplant team is completely different; I have new doctors. This new doctor was very good I thought, explaining the process again with clarity. I signed the consent form where one of the risks listed is "death"! The conditioning chemo starts tomorrow. The first few days are apparently quite easy ...

Rose has been with me all day, and will stay the night. We need to decide where to have dinner. I forgot to mention yesterday that Rose played golf, and came 4th in her competition; just off the podium but still a good result, so well played Rose!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment