Sunday 19 June 2011

Magnesium

I managed to stay awake until11pm watching the golf, saw Lee Westwood get home but missed Rory's back nine. He did well enough without me!

My blood results from yesterday showed a drop in my magnesium, caused by the chemo of course. When the doctor came to see me in Ambicare, she asked "have you been getting any muscle cramp?", and it so happens I have! I have been getting cramp in my calves. They do know their stuff - she said it was because of the magnesium deficiency, so after the chemo I had a bag of fluid with magnesium.

Rose came in the afternoon and we went to the Welcome Foundation to see an exhibition entitled "Dirt". It was OK, but not fantastic. The most interesting thing for me was that at one stage they made bricks using the ashes of dead people! There is a collection of some of these bricks and a list of the people who went into them; somehow this is quite thought provoking. We also looked at the permanent exhibition about medicine they have their. One could spend a whole day there if in the mood, watching the videos and listening to the recordings. We wizzed through!

Rose picked a restaurant for us to eat at, called the "Italian Kitchen". It is down on New Oxford Street, and serves simple, fresh Italian food. We both had the sea bass fillet for main and it was very good, washed down with a bottle of San Giovese (young, fruity and only 12% which is great). Of course it was a 50% Tastecard deal, but quite reasonably priced. The service was good, and after the meal the waiter asked Rose if she owned a restaurant! He explained that he asked because she seemed to know a lot about food and wine. We explained that we just eat and drink a lot. It was very amusing and very flattering for Rose.

Now we are back in the hotel, hoping to stay awake to see Rory take the US open.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment