Saturday 4 June 2011

Continuing nausea

This morning I took the stool sample to my local hospital, who also took blood for a blood count. The phlebotomist was clumsy, and I have a bruised inner elbow. Then I went into town to pick up my prescription for high calorie drinks. These are little 125mm drinks that contain 300 calories, and can be used to supplement the diet.

My diarrhea is better today (not so frequent) but the nausea has returned quite strongly (I feel sick as I write). I am trying out a patch that you stick on behind your ear. Each patch lasts 72 hours. So far, I am not impressed! I think the cocktail of pills was better. Looks like I spoke too soon when I thought the nausea was wearing off after the last chemo. I have had two of the high calorie drinks today. Meanwhile, Rose continues to cook delicious meals that I am unable to enjoy, which is very frustrating. I appreciate very much the care she takes and the effort she makes.

Li Na did well to win Roland Garros. I wanted Schiavone to win, but she just wasn't good enough. She had to rely on Li choking (like in Melbourne). I am looking forward to Federer and Nadal ...

No comments:

Post a Comment