Wednesday 27 July 2011

T+34: A taste of golf

This morning Rose and I went to play golf on the par 3 pitch and putt at our golf club. I am not strong enough to take a full swing, but I chipped onto the green from about 35 yards using an 8 iron, and then putted. Also, I still needed a buggy, even though the distances are much smaller. It was really great fun, but I overdid it a bit and was very tired when we got home. We had a small competition, Rose starting from the tee, and me starting with a chip; Rose won by two shots.

On the way home we visited Bryan Lewis (our golf pro), to congratulate him on his son's performance at the Open. It was nice to see him but I was keen to get home so we did not stay long.

After my clinic visit on Monday, the doctor told me that I must drink three litres of fluid a day, rather than two, otherwise the immune suppressant drugs will become too concentrated in my blood. It is a real struggle to drink this much, but I am doing my best to comply. I am not sure how long I have to keep it up - maybe for the next two months (although I hope not).

I am pleased that more then a month has passed since the transplant. Just two more months to go until I am supposed to be past the worst of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment