Wednesday 13 July 2011

T+20: A long slow process

On Monday I had my first clinic appointment. The hospital sends a car to fetch us, and take us home afterwards. Clinic is just giving blood, and a chat with the doctor, so not much to it. I have been told I must drink at least 2 litres of fluids every day, and this is quite a chore. The consequences of not doing it can be quite severe though, so I am doing my best. Basically it means 10 glasses of water or cups of tea across the day, plus some extras.

I am still very tired, and spend much of the day in bed. I have been enjoying the Tour de France; some very exciting finishes. Tomorrow the Open starts, which will cause a clash, but since Bradley Wiggins retired I am not so bothered about the mountain stages and the GC. I hope Cavendish hangs on to the green jersey.

My stomach cramps have subsided, so although I have no specific complaint, I feel generally lousy most of the time. Thanks to all of you who have wished me well. Pete popped round for a visit, and Babs and Nick gave us a nice present; it is good to know people are thinking of me.

Tomorrow I have another clinic appointment. This is going to be a long slow process ...

No comments:

Post a Comment