Wednesday 20 July 2011

T+27: A nice surprise

Today I got a nice surprise delivery
Not the cat, but an "edible bouquet". It is a beautiful arrangement of strawberries, some covered in white, dark and milk chocolate. It is a lovely gift from Hilla and Yaniv, so many thanks to them. We shall enjoy eating them I hope.

Clinic on Monday was a very long day indeed. I had my normal meeting with the doctor at about 10am, but then we had to wait until 3pm to get a pentamidine nebuliser treatment (breathing in the drug) that stops lung infections. So 5 hours of waiting around. I also got a unit of blood as my haemoglobin was a bit low. And they removed my PICC line, on the grounds that it is just an infection/clotting risk, and I don't really need it anymore.

My health is improving I think. Today I went for a walk to the shops with Rose. My appetite is still not good though, but I am not as weak and tired as I was. I have a mild rash on my chest, which is GVHD related, but the doctor says it is OK as long as it remains mild.

I have started (re)reading Catch 22. It is just as good as I remembered. It is a bit of a boys book, but if you have not read it, I strongly recommend you do.

1 comment: