Sunday 17 July 2011

T+24: Steady progress

I don't have much to report, but it is Sunday afternoon so perhaps it is time for an update.

I am still feeling a bit down, time still dragging slowly. It has been a pleasure to have the golf and the tour to watch, especially the golf. The young amateur Tom Lewis is the son of our golf pro Bryan Lewis, so it has added extra excitement. The afternoons will not be the same when the golf is over.

I am managing to drink the 2 litres I need each day, but it is a constant struggle. My appetite is still poor, but my taste is OK. This means that when I eat, I can get some enjoyment, even if it is a struggle to get started. I have not had any wine since the transplant; I don't have much desire. Perhaps strangest of all is that I have no desire to eat bread (previously a favourite of mine). Toast is OK, but bread just seems to stick in my mouth.

I am wary of visitors, because I am afraid of getting a viral infection. I would like these three months to pass as uneventfully as possible. The doctor says that things are going very well, and I want to keep it that way. I am hoping for some improvement in my health during the course of the three months, the sooner the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment