Monday 7 February 2011

Small steps

I did not sleep very well last night and woke a little dispirited because I did not feel much progress had been made with the infection in my leg. However, when Rose arrived she thought it was a lot better, and so did the doctor when she called, and the nurses ... eventually I cheered up, especially when I noticed that I can put more weight on my bad leg than I used to be able to, which is a sign of solid progress. It is certainly easier for me to stand up than it was.

They have set my expectation that it will take two weeks in order to for the infection to clear, so I just need to knuckle down and endure. The diarrhoea is under control, and even my saliva is returning, and with it a sort of altered taste. Today I ate some savoury food for the first time in what seems forever. I cannot say I really enjoyed it, but I hope things will improve on the food front; I'll keep you posted.

I still do not have the emotional energy to read, but I can just manage to look at the crossword from time to time. If the desire to read returns, I will know things are getting better!

I have developed a slightly itchy rash, and they have given me some Piriton IV to keep on top of it. I expect this to knock me out any time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment