Monday 28 February 2011

Lunch at the golf club

Last night was the most peaceful so far, and we both got a good night's sleep. We lazed away the morning watching recorded TV, and after the nurse had been to inject me we went to the golf club to meet with Anne and Dave, some friends we have made playing golf.

Of course, even though I had already had lunch at home, I did not miss the opportunity to have another lunch (tuna panini and chips), and just when we finished Anne and Dave arrived. Last year Dave had a stroke, so we were very much the invalids (both with walking sticks). Fortunately (if one can use this word in this context), Dave's speech, and more importantly his wit, are pretty much as before, and we had a fine time. No fewer than 4 past lady captains (including Anne) stopped by, and Geraldine even stayed to join the chat. It was a very enjoyable time, but after a couple of hours of sitting with my leg vertical, it started to get uncomfortable and so I needed a stool to rest it horizontally. We parted when Dave had to go and see his physio.

My time at home is passing so rapidly! I have only one more day. I suppose this feeling was inevitable. One big difference between this cycle of chemotherapy and the first, is that now I know what can happen, I have fear; before I had only anxiety - ignorance is bliss as they say. Still, the knowledge is also useful, and they say the second cycle is less aggressive ...

As I write this, Brandy (the cat) is taking great interest, and has boxed me a couple of times; she is just a 16 year old naughty kitten!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: