Thursday 25 August 2011

T+63: Chinese Buffet

Yesterday my old friend Ray came to visit, and we had lunch at the local Chinese, which is a very reasonably priced and varied buffet. We arrived at about 12 and stayed till 3:30, eating and doing quizes! Ray won most rounds (I only won one), but the questions are difficult; we used Bamber Gascoigne's quiz book that Ray bought me earlier in the year. It was my first trip to a restaurant since the transplant, but it is quite a large room, and we sat well away from anyone else so I hope I did not pick up an infection.

On Tuesday Rose and I went to the driving range and I took a few full swings of my 9 iron and pitching wedge. I am pleased to say I can still hit the ball quite nicely - I hit about 30 balls. Next time we go to the par 3 I will play from the tees!

I continue to feel quite well, except for a couple of hours in the morning when I feel nauseous after taking the Glivec. The novelty of the Wii has not worn off, although I still cannot do many of the exercises as they involve standing on one leg, and I am too weak to do that. Still, I do what I can and it is certainly having a beneficial effect. My haemoglobin level is stubbornly staying at around 9.5; although this is fine for getting round the house, I really want it to increase as it will enable me to do more. I am still drinking 3 litres of fluid a day; I suspect I will have to continue until they start decreasing the ciclosporin (immune suppressant).

No comments:

Post a Comment