Friday 12 August 2011

T+50: Halfway

I called this post "Halfway" because the doctors say the first hundred days post transplant are the most important/worst, so at 50 days I am half way.

My health continues to be OK, although I am still a bit weak. I have been reading the blogs of some other leukaemia sufferers and I think that so far I have been lucky, at least with the transplant - having a sibling donor and both of us being CMV negative are both big advantages. I have ordered a Nintendo Wii with "Wii Fit" to try and do some regular exercise at home, and recover some of my muscle tone; I will let you know how I get on with it.

On Wednesday, Rose and I again went out on the par 3, same format as before; Rose starting on the tee, me chipping on from about 35 yards. This time we managed to play 4 more holes (13 in all) before I got too tired, and we finished all square.

Yesterday Rose played golf in the Captain versus Vice Captain team challenge. This event takes place at an external course (this year it was at Mentmore, near Leighton Buzzard). It was a team competition, with teams of four, Stableford scoring, with the best two scores counting on each hole, best three scores on the par threes. Rose's team won, with 90 points total, so congratulations to the winning team: Rose, Jan, Margery and Alison. There is a nice trophy which they each get to keep for three months; Rose has it first.

The summer sport definitely helps pass the time. I am enjoying watching India and England at the cricket and the US PGA golf tournament in the evenings. Tomorrow it is Wales versus England in the rugby, and next month the rugby world cup from New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment