Wednesday 3 August 2011

T+41: Golf

Today Rose and I went out on the par 3 course at our club again. I was very keen to see if I would be more able to play, and the answer is that I am less tired than last week. We played the same format as last time; Rose teeing off as usual, and me chipping from about 35 yards. We played all 9 holes, and Rose won by two shots. I used a buggy to get round like before - the weather was hot and humid, although fortunately there was a light cooling breeze. We are going to make this a weekly outing on a Wednesday, to give us a way to gauge my progress.

Yesterday Rose played in the ladies open at the West Essex Golf Club festival of golf. The format was four ball/better ball; Rose partnered with Jane, last year's lady captain at our club. There was a large field of nearly 60 pairs, and Rose and Jane came equal fourth, and had the best score for the front nine for which Rose won an iPod shuffle. Many congratulations to Rose and Jane on a fine performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment