Tuesday 2 July 2013

Supplemental

I am back in UCH, T8 room 31. Visitors allowed, but I can leave the hospital; call me first and if I am not hooked up we can have a drink or even lunch somewhere in or around Fitzrovia :) I am not contagious unless you touch me (and why would you?), but if you have never had chickenpox then steer well clear.

It is very depressing being back in a hospital room. I had hoped to put a few more years between me and the hospital, but clearly I was just naive. I spoke to a doctor (not one previously known to me), who told me this:

I should stay in until all the pustules have scabbed over. Then, they may allow me to go home, but the pain will probably endure for some time. However, the drug regime seems to keep that more or less under control, so with a bit of luck, and given that the disease already spread for four days, I may be home by the weekend (but as you know, I am an eternal optimist).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:T8, bed 31

No comments:

Post a Comment